The Chesterfield Hose Company came into being when, in the mid 1940’s, the Union Fire Company of Crosswicks donated a pumper to the citizens of Chesterfield Township. In 1947 a war surplus pumper was obtained, and these two engines served the community through the 1970’s.
The Fire Company operated out of the old Blacksmith shop until 1977 when the current fire house was built.
A rescue truck was obtained in 1991, and in 2006 our current Pierce 1000-gallon pumper was purchased. In addition to our engine and rescue truck, we also have two tank tenders, two utility vehicles and a fire police car.
Chesterfield Township is served by two fire districts, each with it’s own group of fire commissioners. The Union Fire Company of Crosswicks (station 261) serves the citizens of fire district 1 and the Chesterfield Hose Company (station 262) serves the population of district 2.
The Chesterfield Hose Company currently has 49 active members.